Bruce Kovach – Warden
NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY JAIL FAMILY INFORMATION GUIDE
The Rules are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Northumberland County Jail Administration
This is your guide to a better understanding of the rules and procedures Of Northumberland County Jail. While may seem hard and over-restrictive at times, they have been put in place to protect the inmate population, general public and staff.
NCJ staff will treat all individuals fairly. Treat NCJ Staff with the respect they deserve, and they will respond in kind to you. If there is an occasion you feel you may not have been treated fairly, please notify NCJ administration immediately, so it may be resolved without delay. We ask that you also inform NCJ administration if you suspect any abuse or attempted abuse. All legitimate complaints will be managed with the upmost discretion and promptness.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Administration: 7:00am to 3:00pm Monday – Friday (Closed on Holidays)
Records Office: 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday – Friday (Closed on Holidays)
Visitation (Video Only – Registration is Mandated) Times may vary due to Jail Schedules and Procedures
Onsite Visitation: 11:00am to 4:30pm Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday
Offsite Visitation: 7:30am to 8:25pm Everyday
VISITATION IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT
VISITOR REGISTRTION IN MANDATORY www.icsolutions.com
- All visitors wishing to conduct an ONSITE visit must register (at no cost) to be eligible to participate in a video visiting session with an inmate at NCJ. All onsite visits will be conducted in the video visitation lobby within the NCJ administration building.
- For OFFSITE visitation, the visitor can choose to visit from a window’s based computer or any android device by downloading The Visitor android app, ICS MOBILE from the GOOGLE PLAY store.
- OFFSITE visitation is fee based. Internet connectivity issues during offsite visits will not be refunded
Hours are subject to change for administrative reasons without prior notice
All inmate visits are monitored and recorded, with the exception of registered attorney visits
- Inmates are permitted 25 minute visits
- Minors must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times
- Visits may be canceled for inmates in disciplinary restricted status without prior notification
- All visitors must be dressed in clothing that is not overly revealing or in poor taste. Violators will be subject to visit cancellation and removal from premises and visitor lists.
- All visitors are subject to search at any time. Refusal will result in termination, or suspension of visiting privileges
- No one will be permitted to visit if they appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Onsite visitors may be denied a visit, or suspended from visiting by the visiting officer for using any foul language or disorderly conduct. Visitors may also be asked to leave if a child that accompanies them is deemed to be disruptive to other visitors.
Prison Staff including medical personnel, follow HIPPA guidelines regarding patient confidentiality
- Medical, mental health, dental and pharmacy services are provided at this facility beginning with the intake screening. Medical services are limited to what is medically necessary to maintain good health
- If you have any concerns regarding an inmate’s medical or mental health you may contact Jail administration to discuss these concerns.
Northumberland County Inmates:
To write to an inmate the envelope should be addressed in the following format:
Inmate Name (include Jr., Sr., II, III etc.
Inmate Number (if applicable)
Northumberland County Jail
670 Northumberland County Drive
Coal Township, Pa 17866
There is daily incoming and outgoing mail Monday through Friday.
- All letters must be sent and received via the US Mail.
- All incoming mail is opened, checked for contraband, and logged into the system by the mail clerk before being sent to the inmate population.
- Any incoming mail found to be in violation of the rules and regulations will be returned to sender.
- Inmates are prohibited from corresponding by mail with any persons who are currently incarcerated without prior approval from the Warden’s Office
- Letters to and from inmates should be of personal nature or about the inmates case.
- Stickers including address labels are not permitted on mail.
- Stamps, envelopes, and greeting cards are not allowed to be mailed in for inmates. These items are available for purchase through the inmate commissary.
- Lipstick imprints and perfume are prohibited due to safety and sanitation rules and regulations.
- Publications must come directly from the publisher
- Inmates are not permitted to have pornographic materials at any time while incarcerated.
- Material printed off the internet will not be accepted
- Polaroid photos will not be accepted into the facility.
- Photos will not be accepted or permitted if the photo is too revealing. In order for a photo to be acceptable the subject must be attired in clothing acceptable for a public beach.
- No greeting, birthday or holiday cards of any kind
- All white paper and envelopes are only accepted
- Mail found to contain contraband will be turned over to law enforcement
- NCJ cannot release the inmate until the proper paperwork is received with the Judge’s signature. This includes bail paperwork and parole hearings.
- DO NOT show up at the jail until you are contacted by NCJ records
- The inmate will designate a person that NCJ Staff will contact to arrange transportation. If you believe this designated person will be you, you may call 570-509-2701 concerning transportation.
INMATE ACCOUNTS AND INMATE TELEPHONE
- Monies may be deposited using visa, MasterCard,
- google play, iTunes or cash into inmate accounts by using accesscorrections.com or utilizing the kiosk in the visitation lobby located within the NCJ Administration building
- Inmates will receive a Telephone Authorization list to complete during the initial booking process. Inmates are limited to ten phone numbers on their authorized list, excluding attorney numbers
- NCJ Staff will not accept incoming calls and/or messages for inmates, Exceptions may be made for emergencies or special circumstances
- Inmates with money in their account will have the fees for phone calls deducted from their account
- Inmates may order commissary weekly not to exceed limitations set by NCJ if funds are available in inmate account
- Family may send care packages not to exceed a $100.00 per week value through the NCJ commissary Vendor.
- Shoppers can place orders at:
- pacountypackages.com or 1.800.546.6283