The County of Northumberland has declared a State of Emergency. In an attempt to ensure the public safety as well as that of the County employees, the Commissioners have made the following decisions regarding the continuation of business. County employees will be working their normally scheduled hours. But the following buildings will not be open to the public:
- The Courthouse is not open to public but will be accepting business that will be dropped in containers made available. The business will be then directed to the appropriate department.
- The Administration building will not be open to the public but you will be able to drop off any business with the security officer located in the lobby. The information will be directed to the appropriate agency.
- The Human Services complex will be closed to the public but security will be available to address any business that is necessary.
- The Career Center located in Shamokin is closed to the public at this time. There will be no accommodations to accept any business.
- As stated County employees are working and will be able to field any questions or concerns. The agency contact information is located on our County website: norrycopa.net
- This method of operation in the County of Northumberland is taking effect on March 20, 2020 and will remain in effect until April 14, 2020. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we Commissioners strive to reduce the detrimental effects of COVID-19 on the residents of the County.