Kevin O’Hearn – Court Administrator
In light of concerns over the spread of the Coronavirus, President Judge Charles H. Saylor has authorized the following actions to safeguard court and court-related personnel and members of the public against unreasonable health risks while maintaining accessibility to the courts:
- All individuals entering the courthouse shall wear masks;
- Proper social distancing is required at all times;
- Hearings and meetings should be scheduled via video when at all possible;
- When video is not possible, court events and meetings will be held with limited in-person participants as practical;
- Inmates will not be transported from the Northumberland County Jail for court proceedings. Incarcerated defendants will participate in court proceedings by video conference;
- All Magisterial District Justices have been asked to implement similar strategies to minimize public exposure. Members of the public who have matters scheduled before a MDJ should contact the MDJ office for further direction and guidance. Those individuals having to make payments to an MDJ are encouraged to make payments online via https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/PayOnline.aspx or via U.S. mail.