2016 Calendar of Events
- Local tax collectors begin turning over delinquent accounts to Tax Claims Bureau.
- A 25.00 bureau costs is added at this time.
- Taxes that have been delinquent 2 years become absolute and will be exposed to sale if not paid in full or in agreement by the date of the Upset Sale. (i.e.: 2014 taxes will be exposed to Upset Sale in 2016)
- Sale preparation begins for 2016 Judicial Sale
- Reminders are sent 1st class mail to property owners for prior 2015 delinquent taxes only.
- March 1, 2016—interest begins on 2015 delinquent taxes.
- April 1- Return & Claim Notices are mailed via Certified Mail.
- A $7.00 mailing fee is charged at this time.
- April 13, 2016 – Rule Returnable Hearing for Judicial Sale 9:15 AM Courtroom #1.
- April 16, 2016 – Advertisement for May Judicial Sale.
- May 19, 2016 – Tentative Date for Judicial Sale.
- May 31, 2015-All agreements for 2013 tax year should be paid in full by this date.
- May 31, 2015-New agreements for 2014 delinquent taxes should be started to avoid additional fees.
- June 1, 2016 - Sale costs are added to any 2014 account that is not paid in full or in an agreement.
- ($75.00 Preparation Fee plus $11.00 Restricted Certified Mailing Fee for each additional deeded name)
- Upset Sale notices are mailed via Certified Mail Restricted Delivery
- July 29, 2016—Deadline to avoid Publication & Posting fees.
- $125.00 Advertising cost is added plus $35.00 posting cost.
- Posting of Upset Sale Properties begins
- August 13, 2016—Publication of Upset Sale Properties will be made 30 days prior to Sale.
- September 15, 2016—(TENTATIVE) UPSET SALE
- Final reminder letters will be mailed at least ten days prior to sale date.
- The Bureau may adjourn or continue the sale to no later than December 31.
- A property may be removed from the sale only if taxes & costs are paid in full or are under agreement prior to the sale.
- Confirmation Nisi is returned-owners of properties that were sold in Upset Sale have 30 days from this date to contest sale.
- OCTOBER 27, 2016-Tenative date for Repository Sale.
- ALL 2016 TAXES ARE DUE TO LOCAL TAX COLLECTORS BY DECEMBER 31, 2016 BEFORE THEY BECOME DELINQUENT.